Palava Safety and Security Council
Palava Safety & Security Council was formed in the month of July’17 & first inaugural meeting held on 29th July’2017, attended by all the selected candidates as council members, Security Core Team, Head Security & City Services Head.
Objective of Safety and Security Council:
- To engage with PCMA to create interface between PCMA security and citizens for purpose of addressing security issues being faced by citizens.
- To consider safety and security concerns of the city as a whole and to bring to council’s attention, collaborations and initiatives that would promote the secured community in Palava
- To share fresh ideas, solutions and improvements in existing safety and security processes and systems.
- To create awareness about existing PCMA security guidelines and adherence of the same in letter and spirit.
- The Safety and Security Council is responsible for laying a 5 years vision for a safe and secured Palava and working with PCMA to implement the same.
- Members are responsible to serve as an interface between Palava security team and the residents to ensure timely redressal of security related issues.
- Assist in implementing various safety and security policies and volunteer in enforcement drives by PCMA security.
- Work towards a sustainable plan to implement various initiatives though citizen engagements, collaboration and initiatives.
- To work closely with PCMA to ensure a safe and secure environment using smart technology and to take active part in high impact security related causes in Palava.
Purpose of Safety and Security Council Membership:
The functions to be performed by members of the council shall be honorary therefore members holding such positions or performing such functions shall receive no remuneration from PCMA. Members will work with PCMA to provide inputs and views on the following areas of interest:
Process of formation & eligibility criteria:
A mailer & SMS blast was sent through PCMA to request nominations from various citizens to nominate themselves as Council members.
Person should have::
- Professional knowledge from the field of Health, Safety, Security and Environment.
- Basic knowledge of the norms being followed universally to safeguard Infrastructures, personnel and installations.
- Should be well versed with Fire alarm system, Access Control, CCTV/Surveillance & related technologies.
- Sound knowledge of security systems around various cities
- Should have work experience/ exposure in the field of security
- Should be willing to volunteer and participate in security drives and initiatives
- General awareness of the safety and security processes, PCMA guidelines, emergency response systems and initiatives